Different Types of Forklift and Their Common Use
To lift and move materials for small distances, a forklift is used, which is a powered industrial truck. A forklift is also known as a lift truck, a forklift truck or a fork truck. Let’s understand about the different types of forklifts and their common use.
Types of Forklift
The major forklift trucks are diesel powered forklift, LPG/petrol powered forklift and electric powered forklift. Let’s take a look at all types of forklifts and their use in brief.
To embed ‘Types of Forklift and Their Common Use’ on your site, copy and paste the code below:
Use of Diesel Powered Forklift
- Diesel forklift trucks are one of the strongest workhorses in the material handling world. It perfectly fits a huge range of unit loads and made to endure the severities of outdoor work.
- The capacity of diesel powered forklift range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 10,000 Kg.
Use of LPG/Petrol Powered Forklift
- LPG forklifts provide excellent performance with low emissions and great fuel economy.
- LPG/petrol powered forklifts can complete any type of material handling job right from transporting goods from one property site to another; loading goods vehicles to working in the warehouse racking etc.
- The capacity of LPG/petrol powered forklift range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 7,000 Kg.
Use of Electric Powered Forklift
- Electric forklifts provide you one of the most reliable, strong and comprehensive ranges, which are made to perform.
- Electric forklifts are eco-friendly, resourceful and serene means of handling a broad range of unit loads including still ages, pallets and pallet boxes to render you a complete selection for any application.
- The capacity of electric powered forklift range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 3,500 Kg.
Use of Pallet Jacks
- A pallet jack also recognised as a pump truck, pallet pump or pallet truck is a device that is used for lifting and moving pallets.
- Pallet jacks are the most basic type of forklift and are meant to move the light or heavy pallets inside a warehouse.
- The capacity of pallet jacks/ electric pallet jacks range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 3,500Kg.
Use of Tow Tractors
- All over the world, it’s commonly seen at the airlines, an array of tow tractors are most frequently used for moving the load and are also utilised in factory applications.
- The capacity of tow tractors range starts from 2000 Kg and up to 10,000 Kg.
Use of Stackers
- Stackers’ range of forklifts renders manoeuvrability, higher durability, low running costs and smooth top-end travel speed.
- The capacity of stackers range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 2,000 Kg.
Use of Reach Trucks
- Reach trucks are made in such a way that they can operate in a narrow passageway inside the warehouse area.
- To allocate the load weight, they have two outer legs having a wheel configuration of one or two wheels per leg. Below the operator’s seating position, the drive wheel is positioned; while operating the machine, the driver sits sideways. A reach truck moves the load back inside the wheelbase while lifting a load, which means, less of the load isoverhanging from the reach truck, permitting the reach truck to operate in much narrower aisles.
- The capacity of reach trucks starts from 1000 Kg and up to 3,000 Kg.
Use of Order Pickers
- Order pickers render innate features and controls such as low step heights and padded platforms, ergonomic control handles, panoramic views to assist workers to do more work with less effort.
- Order picking is a vital part inside of any warehouse. It comprises in so far as 45% of the operation costs in any distribution centre compared to receiving, storing and shipping stages and has a straight impact on customer contentment levels.
- The capacity of order pickers range starts from 500 Kg and up to 2,000 Kg.
Use of Manual Handling Equipment
- Manual handling equipment is crafted especially for those businesses that have smaller handling requirements.
- This manual handling equipment is built strong, very dependable and safe to operate. It can be used by anyone after receiving appropriate training from the supervisor and no license is required for operating this manual handling equipment.
- Manual handling equipment range consists of narrow aisle pallet truck, electric platform truck and electric truck with crane, electric puller as well as scissor lift table.
- The capacity of manual handling range starts from 1000 Kg and up to 3,000 Kg.
Use of Rough Terrain Forklifts
- A rough terrain forklift is a wheeled type of a forklift with a pivoted boom and/ or a vertical mast. The equipment has a fixed length or variable reach or which may be equipped with attachments.
- This type of forklift is built for natural environments.
- Rough terrain forklifts are appropriate for operations on the troubled terrain of construction projects and on the unscathed natural terrain. On construction sites, rough terrain forklifts manage all things from stacks of plywood and roof beams topallets of concrete block.
- The capacity of rough terrain forklifts range starts from 2000 Kg and up to 25,000 Kg.
Use of Container Handler Fork Trucks
- The container handler fork trucks are very useful for moving containers to and from commercial trucks.
- The Terex range of container handlers and reach stackers render material handling capacities up to 50,000 Kg. This type of container handlers and heavy forklifts can only perform such type of huge handling tasks.
- The capacity of container handler fork trucks range starts from 10,000 Kg and up to 52,000 Kg.
Use of Telehandler
- Telehandlers are intended and made to fulfil the requirements of numerous construction and building sector applications.
- Incredible design and refined features intermingle to render the telehandlers the finest versatile visibility, which aids to take the lead in the lift and reach capability.
- Dieci’s telehandlers render top performance, strong construction for consistency and robustness with low operating costs.
- The capacity of telehandlers range starts from 2,500 Kg and up to 21,000 Kg.