Features and Benefits of 3 Wheel Electric Forklifts
Electric Forklifts provide numerous benefits to indoor operations with medium to large handling needs. In this article, we will explore the features, functions and benefits of the 3 wheel forklift by UniCarriers – TX Series. Move your operation to the top! Strong basic performance creates higher work efficiency, comfortable operation, safety and reliable performance. Introduce a warehouse forklift that will meet your production expectations and be an invaluable asset to your business.
This product is predominantly manufactured to target operations that need to consider fuel emissions, safety and industrial regulations. This is not to say other types of businesses wouldn’t benefit from using electric powered forklifts. Read on to find out if this forklift would be suited to your business.
In this article, we will mainly focus on the UniCarriers TX Series 3 wheel forklift, which is competitively priced in the Australian market presently, and is fitted with a host of standard features making it a must-consider product if you are looking to buy new. UniCarriers, formerly Nissan Forklift, is a premium brand manufactured with European electric components making them an International market leader. This particular model is manufactured in Spain, a factory of UniCarriers.
First, let’s look at the features of the 3 wheels electric TX Series forklift;
- Front and rear wheel drive
- Smaller turning circle
- Anti-roll back function
- Single point watering system
- Multi-function digital display
- Regenerative braking
- Various battery capacity options
Knowing the features is one thing, let’s explain how these features might benefit your operation.
BENEFITS OF EACH FUNCTION:
- Improved steering and turning capacity
3 wheel forklifts automatically reduce the space required to turn, which makes it easier to turn in aisle spaces. By using a 3 wheel forklift you can create more racking space to store more produce or products if you need to maximise storage space. This also improves the overall manoeuvrability when operating the forklift, as well as traction for increased stability.
- Advanced safety with increased traction
Increase the level of safety in your warehouse by choosing a forklift that has an anti-rollback mechanism. Prevent accidents, injuries and hazardous situations using the anti-roll back function that automatically detects if a forklift is on an incline and adjusts braking electrically to improve the operator’s overall control of the forklift.
- Longer Hours of Operation
Increase your productivity with the longer hours of operation between charges. The TX Series forklift uses smart technology that stores energy based on consumption providing longer hours of operation. The regenerative system stores unused power and is self-regulates it’s performance to reduce energy wastage. It also features an automatic power-off function to store charge when the operator is not sitting in the cab.
- Simpler battery maintenance
Single point watering system connects all the battery terminals together in turn making maintenance simpler. Experience longer lasting battery performance, safer maintenance as well as longer life.
- In-Built Self Diagnosis System
The digital screen provides helpful information about how the forklift is operating providing necessary information about performance, hours of use, battery consumption and fault identification. Electric failures can be difficult to identify fault origins and having this information at hand can be useful to reduce expensive repairs.
Other benefits of owning an electric forklift:
- Environmentally friendly with zero fuel emissions
- Lower running costs over the total lifetime of ownership
- Safer working and operating conditions for employees with the absence of fuel emissions
Electric Forklifts are suited to the following industries:
- Forklifts in food production
- Forklifts in pharmaceutical and medical storage and production
- Forklifts in any indoor warehouse application
Key Points to Take Away about 3 Wheel Electric Forklifts:
- Forklifts with 3 wheels turn more easily in narrow aisles with tighter turning circles
- UniCarriers smart technology allows for longer periods of operation with reduced battery wastage, which means higher productivity.
- You’re making an environmentally responsible decision when you purchase an electric forklift because they don’t burn fossil fuels.
- The total cost of ownership of the lifetime of using and owning an electric forklift works out to be less with the no ongoing fuel costs.
- You actually have more flexibility in applications than purchasing a reach truck and IC forklift truck because they 3 wheels can be used indoors and outdoors. Reach trucks require a smooth surface and outdoor usage is sometimes limited. IC forklift trucks aren’t suited to long indoor operation due to the toxic emissions from burning fuel. You can generally do more applications with a 3 wheel electric forklift.